This post is the third in a series about popular Christian issues that do not seem to be supported by scripture or reason.
The original article that introduces the series is at this link: Revival begins in the church… but so does judgment!
Under construction – please check back later!
Preview of bullet points:
- Should Christians have special exemptions to general academic standards that apply to everyone else? If so, then why?
- Should Christians get taxpayer subsidies (education vouchers) for parochial education while churches sponsoring them are tax-exempt?
- Do most American Christians even understand what “religious liberty” truly means (in historical context)?
- At what point does teaching children within a (non-factual?) belief system become coercive indoctrination rather than education?
- Does misinforming children about the reality of the world around them become abusive of their human right of free choice once they are of legal age? (In other words, once fully indoctrinated in a specific belief system, are they even able to make a truly free choice?)